Committee Membership Requirements
The Communications Committee will consist of at least three members selected by the Voting Member of
the Board of Directors. To be eligible to be appointed as a member of the Communications Committee,
an individual must be a member in good standing.
One of the primary functions of Communications Committee is the maintenance of a community mailing
list (the NANOG operators list). The Communications Committee will be responsible for the administration
and minimal moderation of the list.
The main NANOG mailing list serves an important role in the community by providing a day-to-day forum
for network operators. Participating as a member of the Communications Committee gives you the
opportunity to make a noticeable contribution.
Support NANOG Strategy/Goal:
- Build a unified branding and message about NANOG’s unique position and community
- Maintain the sense of community and accessibility in conferences and archived materials
- Increase member sense that NANOG offerings are compelling, and easy to support the community
- Adhere to all Policies of NANOG
- Protect the NANOG Mark and Intellectual Property Rights
- Active review and interaction with community conversation in [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]
- Attendance at 75% of all scheduled committee calls
- A CC Member is expected to spend, on average, 8 hours per month.
Measures of Success:
- List moderation participation
- List management participation
- Community communication engagement
|List On-Call Service
|Communication with community