Hackathon Terms + Conditions
Participation in a NANOG Hackathon is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. You are required to accept these Terms and Conditions when you register for the Hackathon.
Registrant/Attendee agrees to abide by the NANOG Code of Conduct.
- Scope. The following terms apply to participation in this hackathon (“Hackathon”). The Hackathon is organized by the Hackathon organizer (“Organizer”).
- Submissions. Entrants may create original solutions, prototypes, datasets, scripts, or other content, materials, discoveries or inventions (a “Submission”). Entrants retain ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to Submissions. Participant represents and warrants that the Submission is and will be Participant's own original work and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. Participant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Organizer, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of a Participant's Submission, infringes any of Participant's rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or "droit moral."As a condition of submission, Entrant grants the Organizer, its subsidiaries, agents and partner companies, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Submission.
- Entrants provide Submissions on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Hackathon, Participant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to Participant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Organizer’s newsletters, Organizer’s website and any of the Organizer’s social media accounts or outlets without additional compensation.
- DISCLAIMER. IN NO EVENT WILL ORGANIZER BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE HACKATHON, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT ORGANIZER HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between Participant and either or both of the Organizer. Participants will not receive any compensation from Organizer in connection with any Entries. Participant agrees and acknowledges that Organizer may use Participant's Submission for tutorials and hackathons in the future.
- General. The Hackathon is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Hackathon is offered by Organizer, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, damaged, incomplete, or misdirected Entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Submissions; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. These Terms are governed by the law of the State of New York, without reference to rules governing choice of laws.