In order to maintain a welcoming forum, built on an open, authentic, and collaborative approach, we ask that all mailing-list users agree and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Posts to NANOG’s mailing list should be focused on operational and technical content only, as described by the NANOG Bylaws.
- Posts should be thoughtfully crafted for an audience of more than 10,000 internet networking engineers, operators, and architects in our community.
- Postings of an content inconsistent with the NANOG Bylaws is prohibited.
- Cross posting is prohibited.
- Posts that are defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, or include foul language, character assassination, and lack of respect for other participants are prohibited.
- Using the NANOG mailing list as a source for private marketing initiatives, or product marketing of any kind is prohibited.
- Posts of a political, philosophical, or legal nature are prohibited.
- Posts of information or material protected by copyright without express permission of the copyright owner is prohibited.
- Auto-response posts to the list, or other users, are prohibited.
- Use caution when posting product information — posts are visible to our entire community, and comments made in any post thread are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Posts that encourage or facilitate NANOG community members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s organization or business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade are prohibited.
- Posts that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; benefits, profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- The mailing list is not an appropriate platform to resolve personal issues, engage in disputes, or file complaints.
- “Thank you” and “Me too” messages should not be posted to the mailing list — send these directly to the individual you’re responded to.
- Requests to be removed from the mailing list should be directed to NANOG Administration.
Although NANOG does not actively monitor the list serve for inappropriate postings, NANOG reserves the right to reject or remove any inappropriate posts brought to our attention. Individuals who violate the Usage Guidelines will be formally warned. In addition, NANOG reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
NANOG is not responsible for the opinions and information posted to the mailing list by others. NANOG makes no representations or warranties with regard to information posted to the list serve, including, with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the posting, whether posted by NANOG or a third party. NANOG disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Users agree to use the mailing list at their own and sole risk.