NANOG is a diverse community, open to all.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable and educational experience for our community members, governing bodies, and staff, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, physical appearance, personal appearance, race, color, national origin, or religion (or lack thereof).
In the spirit of mutual respect and collaboration, NANOG does not tolerate any unwelcome behavior, including but not limited to:
- Aggressively pushing your own services, products, or causes.
- Distribution or consumption of alcohol at NANOG-sponsored in-person venues (alcohol not served by hotel-licensed providers).
- Audio or video recordings of the few sessions where such recording is not permitted.
- Engaging in any activity that is illegal, or violates NANOG’s or its sponsors’ contracts with venues or contractors.
- Offensive verbal comments or physical contact because of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, physical appearance, personal appearance, race, color, national origin or religion (or lack thereof).
- Sexual images of any kind, displayed in public spaces.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, threatening, or following.
- Demeaning or disruptive behavior or speech.
- Harassing photography or recording of any kind.
- Sustained disruption of a presentation or other event.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
Any behavior that violates this Code of Conduct is not permitted at any NANOG or NANOG-sponsored in-person venues, including NANOG meetings, NANOG On The Road, and all NANOG digital spaces. Individuals and groups who engage in any way with the NANOG community, including but not limited to meeting attendees, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers, members, and the board of directors and staff, must adhere to this Code of Conduct.
NANOG appointments tool
Your participation in using the NANOG appointments tool is subject to this Code of Conduct. In order to maintain a safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for all, we ask that users agree to:
- Only use the appointments tool for scheduling one-on-one or private meetings with attendees who have opted in to the NANOG attendee list.
- Do not use the appointments tool for marketing, sales, or any other purpose prohibited by this Code of Conduct.
The consequences of violating NANOG’s Code of Conduct:
Any individual or group within the NANOG community who is asked to stop any form of unwelcome behavior or harassment is required to comply immediately.
Reports of any violation of this Code of Conduct shall be investigated by the NANOG Executive Director, who is authorized to: (a) investigate whether or not a violation has occurred, and (b) determine and implement appropriate disciplinary action or other remedies, which may include, but is not limited to: a warning; removal from the meeting, event, or digital space; potential loss of sponsorship opportunities, current and future; and/or being barred from attending future NANOG meetings and events, or participating in NANOG or NANOG sponsored digital spaces without refund or consolation of any kind.
In the event the conduct appears to warrant expulsion or suspension of an individual or group’s membership with NANOG, the matter must be reported to the Board of Directors.
How to report a violation of this Code of Conduct:
At NANOG and NANOG-sponsored in-person venues: Contact the NANOG Executive Director, or any NANOG organizer or staff member. These individuals can easily be identified by a NANOG Staff ribbon on their meeting badges, and are trained in how to address and report any incidents that violate the NANOG Code of Conduct.
Within NANOG and NANOG-sponsored digital spaces: If you have witnessed an unwelcome behavior, are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns related to NANOG’s Code of Conduct, please contact us immediately. All reports will be handled in the strictest confidence.