The Program Committee (PC) is responsible for the programs at all NANOG meetings and events. To be eligible to be appointed as a member of the PC, an individual must have attended one NANOG conference within the prior calendar year (12 months), and be a member in good standing.
Broad technical knowledge of Internet operations and familiarity with NANOG meetings are useful attributes. A strong candidate should have experience with NANOG through meeting attendance, meeting presentations, and have been an active member of the NANOG mailing list for a minimum of 3 years. Having constructive opinions and ideas about how NANOG meetings might be improved is of high value. A willingness to recruit presentations for each meeting is required.
Support NANOG strategy/goals:
- Build unified branding and messaging in regards to NANOG’s unique position and community.
- Develop mutually rewarding agreements with sponsors and presenters.
- Maintain a sense of community and accessibility at conferences and in archived materials.
- Develop and deploy a portfolio of programs, events, and resources that meet the broad range of members.
- Responsible for recruiting a minimum of 3 talks per calendar year.
- Required to attend 75% of all scheduled PC calls.
- Expected to attend 66% of all NANOG meetings over the course of their two-year term.
- Serve as an agenda moderator twice over the course of their two-year term.
- PC members are expected to volunteer up to 10 hours in the 12 weeks leading up to a meeting, and an additional 24 hours all year round.
Measures of success:
- Number of talks recruited per year.
- Participation in NANOG meeting PC planning calls.
- Solicitation and voting of presentation submissions.
- Meeting registration.
Current Program Committee Leadership
|Chair||Cat Gurinsky |
|Vice Chair||Elizabeth Culley |
|Secretary||Anna Valsami ||2023|
|Program Director||Valerie Wittkop |
Current Program Committee Members
|Member||Melchior Aelmans |
|Member||Kam Agahian |
|Member||Aaron Atac |
|Member||Jeff Bartig |
|Member||Tom Beecher |
|Member||Jason Bothe |
|Member||Mark Buell |
|Member||Mikael Holmberg |
|Member||Bryan Jong |
|Member||John Kristoff |
|Member||Alex Latzko |
|Member||Marlin Martes |
Amazon Web Services
|Member||Fearghas McKay |
|Member||Steve Meuse |
|Member||Stevan Plote |
Plote & Associates
|Member||James Shank |
Team Cymru, Inc.
|Member||Alankar Sharma |
Comcast NBC Universal
|Member||Mike Starr ||2024|
|Member||Steve Ulrich |
|Member||Michael Voity |
University of Vermont
|Member||Chris Woodfield |