The Program Committee (PC) is responsible for the programs at all NANOG meetings and events. To be eligible to be appointed as a member of the PC, an individual must have attended one NANOG conference within the prior calendar year (12 months), and be a member in good standing.
Broad technical knowledge of Internet operations and familiarity with NANOG meetings are useful attributes. A strong candidate should have experience with NANOG through meeting attendance, meeting presentations, and have been an active member of the NANOG mailing list for a minimum of 3 years. Having constructive opinions and ideas about how NANOG meetings might be improved is of high value. A willingness to recruit presentations for each meeting is required.
Support NANOG strategy/goals:
- Build unified branding and messaging in regards to NANOG’s unique position and community.
- Develop mutually rewarding agreements with sponsors and presenters.
- Maintain a sense of community and accessibility at conferences and in archived materials.
- Develop and deploy a portfolio of programs, events, and resources that meet the broad range of members.
- Responsible for recruiting a minimum of 3 talks per calendar year.
- Required to attend 75% of all scheduled PC calls.
- Expected to attend 66% of all NANOG meetings over the course of their two-year term.
- Serve as an agenda moderator twice over the course of their two-year term.
- PC members are expected to volunteer up to 10 hours in the 12 weeks leading up to a meeting, and an additional 24 hours all year round.
Measures of success:
- Number of talks recruited per year.
- Participation in NANOG meeting PC planning calls.
- Solicitation and voting of presentation submissions.
- Meeting registration.
Current Program Committee Leadership
|Chair||Cat Gurinsky Apple Inc.||2024|
|Vice Chair||Stevan Plote
Plote & Associates
|Program Director||Valerie Wittkop
Current Program Committee Members
|Member||Melchior Aelmans Juniper||2024|
|Member||Kam Agahian Oracle||2025|
|Member||Aaron Atac Akamai||2024|
|Member||Phil Bedard Cisco||2025|
|Member||Jason Bothe Moody’s Corporation||2024|
|Member||Dan Chioreanu Apple||2025|
|Member||Kate Gerry NetActuate, Inc||2024|
|Member||Mikael Holmberg Extreme Networks||2025|
|Member||Marcus Holt JMF Solutions||2025|
|Member||Manish Krishnan Google||2024|
|Member||John Kristoff NETSCOUT||2024|
|Member||Nimrod Levy AT&T||2025|
|Member||Marlin Martes Amazon Web Services||2025|
|Member||Fearghas McKay FLEXOPTIX GmbH||2024|
|Member||Sergey Myasoedov NetArt Group||2025|
|Member||Charles Rumford Deft||2025|
|Member||James Shank SpyCloud||2024|
|Member||Mike Starr trackd||2024|
|Member||Adair Thaxton Internet2||2025|
|Member||Steve Ulrich Arista Networks||2024|
|Member||Michael Voity University of Vermont||2025|
|Member||Les Williams Amazon Web Services||2025|