The NANOG College Immersion Program
College educators interested in sponsoring up to (5) students at one of NANOG’s tri-annual meetings are encouraged to apply.
We provide support for up to (25) sponsor-educators and their students to attend each tri-annual meeting. NANOG-paid expenses include:
- Airfare (up to $500)
- Hotel (up to four nights)
- Ground transportation
- Meals (per diem, based on meeting location)
NANOG maintains an open call for NCI applications throughout the year, and our NCI committee conducts thorough evaluations of all applications before making selections.
The NCI committee will select applicants who it believes to be best suited for the program, taking into consideration NANOG’s mission to create opportunities for education and empowerment across a broad range of diverse students across North America. The committee has the right to select sponsor-educators it believes to be most qualified to receive the NCI award. All decisions made by the committee are final, and awards will be announced at nanog.org. Applicants not selected in the current round will be considered in future rounds, if they choose to apply again.
Apply to the NCI
Please email the following information to [email protected]:
- Educator name
- College or university affiliation
- NANOG meeting you wish to attend
- Number of students you wish to sponsor
- Statement of interest
NCI rules for conduct
NANOG is a diverse community — open to all. We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable and educational experience for our community members. In the spirit of mutual respect and collaboration, NANOG does not tolerate any unwelcome behavior from any member of its community, including participants in the NCI Program.
- The NCI program participants are at NANOG by invitation, and will be held to the same standards as all members of the NANOG community. They are required to follow NANOG’s Code of Conduct at all times.
- NANOG will not grade, judge, or otherwise be held responsible for providing credit for attending a NANOG meeting; the NCI program sponsor is wholly responsible.
- Participants are required to complete all assignments given by their sponsoring educator.
- From time to time, alcohol may be served at NANOG events and third party socials. Participants of the NCI program who are under the legal age of consumption for the jurisdiction where the event is being held (generally 21 years old), must not consume any illegal substances or alcoholic beverages, no matter the source.
- Participants must not attend parties, socials, and other events that are not sanctioned by NANOG.
- Participants are expected to attend the NANOG program as scheduled.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for violating the NCI program rules of conduct. Violation of these rules may result in immediate removal from the NANOG meeting and premises, and repayment of all incurred expenses by the student.