Safety + Travel
Keeping You Safe at NANOG 83
Update: October 20, 2021
We understand the changing course of the pandemic may concern the NANOG community about traveling to NANOG 83 this fall. Your health and safety is very important to us and we are continuing to monitor the latest federal, state, and local government guidelines and restrictions.
In order to host everyone safely, we will require that anyone attending NANOG 83 be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 18, 2021. Fully vaccinated means at least 2 weeks after the final dose in either a 2 dose vaccine series (Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca) or the single dose series (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen) vaccine. If you do not meet these requirements, you are not fully vaccinated and we request that you join us for NANOG 83 virtually. There will be no exceptions.
In order to pick up your badge and gain access to the NANOG meeting space all registered NANOG attendees must validate your vaccination status by one of two ways:
- CLEAR App - NANOG has added the NANOG 83 event to the CLEAR app as a solution that will help meeting registrants submit COVID-19 vaccination proof electronically. All registered attendees will receive an event code emailed to you from NANOG-support.
- Show your vaccination record + I.D to a NANOG staff member upon check-in.
CLEAR Health Pass
As part of our commitment to the safety at NANOG, all attendees must provide proof of full vaccination before checking in.
● NANOG will be using Health Pass by CLEAR at the Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, which provides a secure, digital proof of COVID-related health insights via the free CLEAR mobile app. Complete your health screening with Health Pass by CLEAR ahead of time for expedited check-in and entry!
● In addition to Health Pass, we will also accept your vaccination record + I.D upon check-in.
● For the most efficient entry possible, we encourage every attendee to enroll with CLEAR before NANOG 83 and complete their COVID-19 pre-screening. Once your vaccination record has been uploaded to the platform, it can typically take up to 30 minutes for your status to be verified. We encourage all attendees to complete this process at least 24 hours before the event.
Step 1: Download and enroll in CLEAR
- Download the CLEAR app and tap on the white Health Pass tile.
- Select “Have a Code?” and enter the code EFATTENDEE4
- Tap “Enroll or verify your in CLEAR” to create your CLEAR member account
- New to CLEAR? When prompted, enter your email address, phone number, and have your gov’t issued photo ID ready to complete enrollment
- Already a CLEAR member? Use the email address associated with your membership and snap a quick selfie to verify your identity
- Continue to follow prompts on the Entry Requirements page to securely confirm your proof of vaccination or negative test results
Step 2: Before arriving to the event, complete your Health Pass for faster entry at check-in
- Open the CLEAR app and tap on the white Your Pass tile
- Confirm your identity with a quick selfie
- Tap “Open Health Pass” to get your result. Green means you’re good to go!
Need help? Call 855-CLEAR-ME or tap “Get in Touch” in the app for assistance
Disclaimer: CLEAR will not share your specific data about your vaccination or test results with the event organization.
It is highly recommended for vaccinated registrants to wear masks while attending the NANOG conference. Anyone unvaccinated, exposed to someone with COVID-19 or feeling unwell prior to the conference will be asked to join us virtually. Those of you that feel uncomfortable traveling to Minnapolis and have already paid for the in-person experience are welcomed to modify your meeting registration to the virtual option with no penalty. If onsite and you become feverish or develop a cough, please stay in your room and notify [email protected] to report your illness and seek medical attention.
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Arrival Experience
- Mobile check-in and keyless entry is available through the World of Hyatt App.
- Plexi shields with transaction portals will be at the front desk and NANOG meeting registration
- Social distancing signage and floor decals will be displayed
- Guest room keys will be sanitized after each use
- Credit card chip & pin reader sanitized after each use
- Bell carts will be sanitized after each use
- All high-touch surface areas in the hotel lobby will be cleaned every two hours
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Social Distancing Policy
- Elevators are limited to (4) guests per trip unless in the same household.
- Signage and floor decals placed in prominent areas to encourage social distancing
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Personal Protection
- Face coverings are optional for fully vaccinated individuals
- Face coverings are required for non-vaccinated hotel guests.
- Hotel employees are required to wear face coverings
- Hand sanitizer stations will be prominently placed throughout the hotel, to include lobby, event space, and fitness center.
- Event registration will be touchless.
Hyatt Regency Minneapolis Guestrooms
- Guestrooms and suites have a resting period of 24 hours prior to being assigned to another guest as availability allows.
- Contactless delivery of guest request items
- All in-room collateral removed and is available on the TV
- Light housekeeping service (garbage, towels, waters, amenities) available upon request.
- Full service housekeeping will be provided after the third night of stay.